Dec 1, 2010

The Boy - Work

So, I'm not a vain person.....


okay I am. But regardless, no one likes to take a  blow to their self-esteem much less their self-image. In any case, for one of my jobs, I have to wear a red polo and black slacks. Since I work in the food industry, I didn't worry about buying high quality or even remotely fashionable clothes for this job as they're just going to get food all over them anyway. Don't get me wrong, the clothes aren't UGLY. Just not something I would work into my everyday wardrobe. In any case, they're not all that flattering on me. The shirt has a little too much structure for my body type and the pants are baggy and a little too long. The effect: I look about 30 lbs heavier in the clothes. (or 50 lbs underweight depending on which angle you're looking at.)

Another fact that you need to be aware of for this story is that EVERYONE gains weight over the Thanksgiving holiday. EVERYONE. You're eating tons of food and laying around doing nothing about it. Everyone gains at least a little bit of weight.

So on with the story: I went into work the day after Thanksgiving. I wore my uniform and even had a smile on my face. The first thing my manager says when I walk in "Someone's gained some weight over the holiday." and pokes me in the stomach.







I about slapped her. WHO THE HELL SAYS THAT!? Rude bitch.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment